Monday 12 May 2014

[Assignment 2] 'Monograms' Patterning Attempt 2

 Painting is even nerve wrecking than cutting and pasting. Because once you make a mistake, it will be all gone in a blink of an eye.


Red paint at the ready. It was important to make sure it was not too wet or the colour will penetrate the stickers and onto the paper.



Dipping an old sponge into the paint.



Here goes!



Quickly drying the paint with a hair dryer before it softens the sticker too much.



Sacrificial top left corner.



AACCCKKKK! I'm bleeding!!!



It looked like someone had just spat blood all over it.


I watched a short movie while waiting for the paint to dry. I was super worried and my attention was not fully focused on the show. Then after an hour or so, I decided it was dry enough to peel off.



Deng deng deng ~~~ 



It worked!!!



After painful five hours, I peeled them all off. It was a dull task, as the stickers were quite fragile already and I had to make sure I do it slowly or the stickers will tear into upper and lower half layers.



Cutting them into A3 size, which I had measured beforehand.



Patterning done! :D


It was a unique project for me as I have never done patterning before. It took a lot of time, but it paid off in the end. Even though there are some parts that were smudged, peeled, torn by accident, it was still a good try.


"Have patience with all things, But, first of all with yourself."

- Saint Francis de Sales


No comments:

Post a Comment