Thursday 13 March 2014

[Assignment 1] 'What's Your Square'? - Cutting1

I actually spent more than 5 hours planning out the designs for two electric pylons, especially the second one, which nearly made me cross eye for the rest of the day.



The color choice for this design is white and light blue. With these two colors, it would give a sense of serendipity and calmness on the overall result.

The problem now was to redraw the whole thing on blue paper, which would really be a hassle since size and proportion took me too much time to do. So I thought of a really good idea.

The sketches above were drawn in a sketchbook, and I resorted to cutting them out directly and trace them out on blue paper.




This one started out quite okay, until one part of the 'wire' snapped off by accident.



This stole 4 hours of my golden life.



My trusty precision knife - which was super expensive, but totally worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment