Thursday 27 February 2014

[Assignment 1] 'What's Your Square?' - Sketch2

It took quite a while to finish the sketches for the selected themes as I needed to plan how I should cut it and whether it was possible to cut out such shapes. However, the planning stage came to fruition.

It was quite challenging to do the villages sketches as I needed to take the perspective into consideration. And the design for the fowls took some time to think about. After some researching, I finally managed to draw these.


Village Cutout - Symmetrical



Village Cutout - Asymmetrical


If the village sketches were difficult, the electric pylons were worse. There were so many triangles and squares inside that structure that it took me more than two hours to do the first sketch.


Pylon Cutout - Asymmetrical



Pylon Cutout - Symmetrical

At last, Ms. Lisa liked the pylon idea better and she suggested it to be my final theme. She asked us to source for materials and try out different paper colors to suit the selected theme best. I would probably need a precision knife to cut out all the intricate details. And it is going to take a very long time to produce the best quality out of the square.

No comments:

Post a Comment