Thursday 27 February 2014

[Assignment 1] 'What's Your Square?' - Sketch1

'What's Your Square?' was our first major assignment this semester. We were asked to cut paper squares with sides 4.5 inches and cut out patterns inside it. One should be symmetrical and the other was asymmetrical.

A square is a shape limited by four sides of the same length. We were to design the square in such a way that its patterns can be expanded, and thus ceasing becoming a square again. We came up with several sketches about the things we liked and looked good inside a square.

I thought of the things I like, and 'cats' popped into my head.



And then I thought that car engines looked nice too, so I sketched a model engine of a classic Volkswagen Beetle and a speedometer.



I was brought up in a rather rural area, so sketched a village scenery to remind myself about my hometown.



Telephone poles and electric pylons are going to be a challenge to cut, so I sketched that as well.



I showed my sketches to my lecturer, Ms. Lisa, and she shortlisted the Electric Pylon and Village theme. I needed to make a more detailed drawing of these two themes and present it again next week to finalize one last theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment