Thursday 13 March 2014

[Assignment 1] 'What's Your Square?' - Cutting2

I started tracing the cutout from my sketchbook to the blue paper, which was not exactly as accurate as I expected. The gaps and lines between were wider, so I had to erase certain parts and make corrections. It would not be as nice if the pylon wires were too thick.



Tracing on blue paper, which was going fine so far.



It'll be a miracle if I could really manage this.


So I started the cutting after the tracing were done. It was around 7 pm then. The difficult part was that I made some parts so small that I had to handle it very delicately, turn my fan speed to 1 so that the pieces were not blown away. They were just slightly larger than the point of a needle, and I had to be very careful and patient.


I did not apply glue on them yet as I needed to confirm the position of each piece.



This is the remaining portion, which I would be using too.


The thin wires were very fragile. If I broke it by accident, I would have to redo it again. Using a precision knife was not as easy as I thought. It was great that it was sharper than a penknife, but I still had to pinpoint where I wanted to cut.

At this time, it was already 12.30 am and I was still cutting. I probably looked like this:




I wanted to stop, but I could not do so, because the pieces are so small. If I mixed them together, I could not tell them apart. If I left it on my work table, it would disappear the next morning, blown away by the wind or kidnapped by some insect.

And so I continued working...

And working...

And working....

And work... ing...

.
..
...
....
.....
......
.......
........
.........
..........
.........
........
.......
......
.....
....
...
..
.
.
..
...
....
.....
......
.......
........
.........
..........
.........
........
.......
......
.....
....
...
..
..
..
...
....
.....
......
.......
........
.........
..........
.........
........
.......
......
.....
....
...
..
..
..
...
....
.....
......
.......
........
.........
..........
.........
........
.......
......
.....
....
...
..
..
..
...
....
.....
......
.......
........
.........
..........
.........
........
.......
......
.....
....
...
..
..
..
...
....
.....
......
.......
........
.........
..........
.........
........
.......
......
.....
....
...
..
..
..
...
....
.....
......
.......
........
.........
..........
.........
........
.......
......
.....
....
...
..
..
..
...
....
.....
......
.......
........
.........
..........
.........
........
.......
......
.....
....
...
..
..
..
...
....
.....
......
.......
........
.........
..........
.........
........
.......
......
.....
....
...
..
..
..
...
....
.....
......
.......
........
.........
..........
.........
........
.......
......
.....
....
...
..
..
..
...
....
.....
......
.......
........
.........
..........
.........
........
.......
......
.....
....
...
..
..
..
...
....
.....
......
.......
........
.........
..........
.........
........
.......
......
.....
....
...
..
.


THE FINAL WORK! YAY!




By this time, I had no energy left in me, so I...







No comments:

Post a Comment