Wednesday 30 April 2014

[Assignment 2] 'Monograms' Painting Attempt 1

I used acrylics for the first time ever that day. And it wasn't a great start.


First object of sacrifice was not too bad. I sprayed gold paint for the logo but I'm planning to get black tape to replace the red one. I'm going to add a little more touch to the little triangles on the side too.





Second object of sacrifice failed miserably. I sprayed a container with spray paint, but it just turned a very faint color of sick gray. Then I tried to paint acrylic over it, but the desperate measure was futile as I could peel it off as easy as mosquito legs.





I have no words left for the T-shirt. I used acrylic first but then it was quite hard to paint on because the shirt material is those for sportswear. Then I tried using fabric pastel, which was more practical, but yielded poorer results. Afterwards, I used Sharpie fabric marker, which unfortunately, ran out of ink a minute afterwards. Thank goodness one of my classmates lent me her little sponge and fabric paint, which saved my life, because that little beauty did all the work in not more than 3 minutes. There are little smudges, but it was better than what I expected after the few previous fails.


The best part was...


... My phone cover case was spray painted.

Which was not an intended sacrifice, but just for a little bit of fun. I'm just hoping in won't discolor in my jeans pocket. Or crack when I drop it.

I'm now left with the tote bag, a dust cloth and a little pouch to paint on.

Oh, wait, there's still the container left.

Noooo.....


No comments:

Post a Comment